Minitar ATA Configuration GUide
The Minitar ATA unit is designed to integrate VoIP technology with an existing analogue phone and PSTN phone line. The unit allows you to make outgoing calls over VoIP as well as your existing land line phone service.
What makes it really handy is the ability to also receive both incoming VoIP calls as well as your normal land line phone calls to the same phone handset.
It does this by connecting both your existing phone handset, your existing land line and your broadband connection all to the same device.
Connecting the Minitar ATA Unit
There are 3x connecting cables supplied with the Minitar unit.
- A power cable and adaptor
- A network cable [greyish - square end]
- A standard grey telephone cable.
Connect the power cable to the Minitar unit [rear panel] and connect the network cable to the WAN port [rear panel] and connect the telephone cable to the LINE port [rear panel].
Connect the other ends of these cables to the power wall socket and directly to the ADSL modem or Router into any of the spare ports labeled as LAN and then connect the grey telephone cable directly into the phone socket on the wall.
If you have any other phones connected they can remain connected as they are now and still require an ADSL filter on their line same as before connecting in the Minitar unit.
- Now power on the Minitar unit and wait for it to fully start [boot up].
- Once you see the LED lights for POWER, WAN, PHONE, LINE, SIP Rdy, all light up the unit is ready to make calls.
- If for any reason you do not see these lights lit up after power on then it means the un-lighted device has a problem.
The above advice on the READY Status assumes you have connected both your phone, phone line and network into the device to match the indicator lights we have highlighted.
- If you have not plugged any one of these devices into the Minitar, then that light of course, will not be lit up.
- The Minitar will work without the phone line plugged in, but not without the others.
Check the connections on both ends of the un-lighted device for proper seating and then power off and on the unit again.